DDA is an Acronym for the Disability Descrimination Act, and is applicable to and this has now been superceeded by the The Equality Act 2010.
The public sector still needs to adhere to the DDA for the section concerning the 'Disability Equality Duty'. This applies to:
- government departments
- executive agencies and ministers
- local authorities
- governing bodies of colleges and universities
- governing bodies of schools
- NHS trusts and boards
- police and fire authorities
- the Crown Prosecution Service
- the Crown Office
- inspection and audit bodies
- certain publicly funded museums.